4.21.2011

Wooden Shoe tulip festival
















Wrangler thrifted jacket, H&M top, Gap scarf, Land's End duck boots, TRKFLD camera bag

I finally made it down to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival this past weekend in Woodburn, Ore., which is about an hour drive from Portland. For two photographers, this place is pretty much paradise. There are landscape and detail shots to be had everywhere you look, not to mention crazy beautiful colors. Unfortunately we had a pretty white sky, which is crummy for photos, but it was sunny so that's all I could really ask for. I really like the shots I got with a little sun flare in them. I love me some sun flare action. We stayed and took photos and wandered around for close to six hours, and did some cool after-dark shots that I can't wait to see. Needless to say by then I was freezing and exhausted, but it was well worth it. I am even tempted to go back on a day with bluer sky...but it closes after next weekend so I don't know if I will make it. Either way it was a beautiful day, so I have no complaints. 

Oh, except that I lost my favorite black sunglasses in the fields. That was a bummer. 

4 comments:

Brandi said...

I love this! The photography is awesome, and you look so pretty!!
Love the blog.

Unknown said...

you look sooooo pretty! i love the red scarf!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Ali lev said...

Hey, I found your blog on IFB. Your pics are stunning and I love your style!

please check out my blog: http://moneuphorie.blogspot.com/

HUGS! Alexandra

maya said...

These photos are great! The lighting is so amazing and natural. Also, I noticed your Twitter updates: The Cave Singers are definitely one of my local favorites! They play free shows in a record store down the street from me all the time, I'm ashamed to say how many times I've seen them.