7.13.2011

Lace for work? Sure, why not!





F21 lace top, H&M black pants, thrifted belt, H&M flats

I wore this outfit on a cooler day to work pretty recently. Going through my favorite blogs and lookbook the other day, all I could think was man, it would be great to be a perpetual student just for the fact that it would allow me to wear rompers, jean shorts, and fur vests (and other ridiculous and awesome clothing) all the time. I am lucky to work in a pretty laid-back work environment (with mostly dudes in t-shirts) so I can get away with most anything I want to wear on a daily basis, but rompers, short dresses, jean shorts, and ripped jeans are definitely no-nos in my book. Gotta keep things somewhat professional, if casual. I work in a big high-rise in Portland with mostly law offices and bankers, so I'm sure when I ride the elevator everyday in my jeans or a maxi skirt, people must wonder where on earth I work where I can dress the way I do. :)

I wanted to shoot a look this afternoon because I was wearing one of my favorite maxi skirts, but I can't find my tripod so I'm out of luck today. In better news, my Birchbox came today! Curated by Cynthia Rowley this month, which is pretty cool. I'll have to do a post about it later, I've been meaning to for weeks. 

Hope everyone is having a good week! I'm going to chill out tonight, have a glass of wine, and watch So You Think You Can Dance, one of my favorite summer shows. 

xoxo

Kelly

4 comments:

Unknown said...

your top is so lovely!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Unknown said...

the new layout's lookin good!

Tayler Worrell said...

Hi Kelly! I love your style! I see that you are from Portland and I wanted to mention I am too, living here now and I also have a fashion blog :)

Anyways, I just get really excited when I find other Portland fashion bloggers.. love your blog!

www.StyleInterplay.com

Anonymous said...

I love this look! Simple and chic =)

Dena
http://www.ooat.wordpress.com